Dear all, i hope you are well! So this will clearly be our last blog update for this year which will have been a busy one for us – many things have changed (for the best) at WAYN HQ, from a new site design, enhanced functionalities, a refocus on our global strategy and increased penetration in the Tourism and Travel industry where we have gained major accounts with Tourism Boards. But 2009 will have been a year where we will have spent most of our time listening to our users, and collecting as much feedback as we possibly could. We have improved the user interface of the site and have added many functionalities enabling richer interaction within the community. Our latest addition, “Activities” is testament of that. Users can now not only plan where they want to go but also express what they are into and meet fellow WAYN members based on similar interest:
Since launched on December 4th, the rise has been spectacular, with more activities being added day by day, up to 35,000 activities being added daily as of late.
We are going to add more functionalities to this service in the coming weeks to refine the product even further and allowing users to better see the “matches” they have with other users!
But 2009 will have also been a year of focus on our VIP Club – we have been working hard to bring more Lifestyle benefits to our VIP members by signing up key Global Partners and more are about to be announced by the end of January 2010 so watch this space! So far, VIP Members can benefit from:
- Exclusive access to Quintessentially Membership and win the James Bond 007 experience
- Free Global SIM Card – no more roaming fees on your phone when you travel abroad
- Auto upgrade on Car Hires worldwide with Hertz
- Free Lifestyle Card (worth £10) offering cheap travel money
- Send 100 Free International SMS per month
- See who likes you and others (New Feature)
- Unlimited standard Gifts, Super Rates and Say Hello’s
- Stand out from the crowd on search results
- Browse in secret and create private forums
- See who has read your messages
- Customize your WAYN experience (turn off advertising and customised profile skins)
As we realise that our VIP offering needs to be increasingly more compelling, we will be adding a number of benefits to our Lifestyle and Travel VIP Club which money simply can’t buy!
We are equally pleased to see the great growing trend in registrations – with more and more accounts being created every day – there are now nearly 10,000 of you joining the community each day, from over 193 countries – WAYN keeps growing and that’s the way we like it!
There is clearly plenty of exciting stuff coming up in 2010 which we will be announcing very shortly but for now, we would like to thank you for all the support you have given us throughout the year and would like to send you all our very best wishes for 2010!
Jerome, Pete, Mike