Next month The Shard in London finally opens, all 1,016ft of it. One of the most talked about features of the building are the phenomenal toilets on the top floor, offering quite possibly the best views in the capital. But The Shard is by no means leading the pack when it comes to loos with a view; we’ve tracked down five of the top places around the world to spend a penny and get a great view for free as you pee!
- Felix Bar, the Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong: the urinals were originally floor to ceiling glass, however proper urinals have now been installed - floor to ceiling glass remains in place allowing breath-taking views overlooking Kowloon (for men only!);
- Mumin Papa Cafe, Japan: the toilets at this cafe are built into an aquarium soyou can feast your eyes on turtles and rainbow fish as you do your business;
- Mix Bar, Las Vegas: these extremely luxurious toilets are located on the 64th floor of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay and provide a panoramic view of across the hustle and bustle of the Strip;
- Changi Airport, Singapore: calling all plane spotters! You won’t miss a thing when paying a call at the toilets in Changi Airport. The urinals in Terminal 3 look out over the runway allowing up close views of the planes taking off and landing;
- Shanghai Financial Center, China: Step away from the edge…not only are these loos some of the highest in the world, they are also phenomenally high tech and offer dramatic views over the Bund below. Worth a visit for the toilets alone.
Are we missing any? Send us your recommended loos with a view and we can add to the list!
This post was written by Becky Starr, PR Manager at WAYN